The Public Distribution Scheme under the National Food Security Act, 2013, the Government of Assam has issued ration cards to consumers in the State of Assam. The article contains the procedure for applying for Assam Ration Card, eligibility criteria, required documents and other information about Assam Ration Card. Viewers are advised to read the article in full without missing important details at the end.
Assam Ration Card
The ration card has become an important document issued by the state government these days, which provides benefits in subsidized rations under the PDS scheme. Currently, the ration card is issued under the NFSA scheme in the state of Assam for the benefit of the downtrodden or poor people in the society. Prior to the launch of NFSA 2013 in Assam, there were three types of ration cards in the state of Assam known as Family Identity Cards.
Details Of Assam Ration Card
Name : Assam Ration Card
Launched by : Assam Government
Beneficiaries : Residents Of Assam
Objective: To Provide Ration Card & Subsidized food
Official website https://fcsca.assam.gov.in/portlets/ration-card
Types of Ration card in Assam
There are three types of ration cards categorized in as follows:
1. APL (Above Poverty Line)
2. BPL (Below Poverty Line)
3. AAY (Antodaya Anna Yojana) under PDS/TPDS.
The following people are eligible to apply for the ration card in Assam:-
✓ A person with a ration card cannot apply for a ration card.
✓ Women can apply for a ration card.
✓ Applicant must be a resident of the State of Assam.
✓ Applicant must be an Indian citizen.
✓ The annual income of the resident should be less than one lakh rupees.
The following documents are required while applying for the Assam Ration Card:-
Proof of no Ration card from the village Head/Gaon panchayat president/ward Commissioner/Inspector, FCS&CA /Concerned Authority.
• Copies of Birth Certificate
• Voter List Copy
• Income Certificate
• BPL Certificate
• Tax pay receipt of Land Revenue
• Residential Proof
• Pan Card
• Driving License
• BPL Family SI. No
Documents for Duplicate Ration Card
• Self-Declaration Certificate by the applicant
• Police Report filed
Required Documents for Separate Ration Card
• Original copy of Surrender Certificate
• Original copy of Parental Ration Cards
• Certificate From Village Pradhan/Gaon/Gram Panchayet / Parshad
• No Objection Certificate by the Family head of the existing Parental Ration Card for addition of family members
• Date of Birth certificate (Birth Certificate / X Passing Certificate / Birth certificate)
• Address proof
• Photo Identity / Voter card / PAN card/ Passport
Documents for Inclusion / Deletion / Surrender
• Original copy of Ration Card
• Voter Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
• Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate/X Passing Certificate)
• Surrender Certificate in original (for inclusion, if any)
• Death Certificate of the deceased member of the family.
Documents for Change of Head of Family
• Original copy of Ration Card
• Death Certificate of deceased member of the family
• No Objection Certificate by the family head.
Procedure for Applying for Assam Ration Card
The applicant should visit the Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Branch of the DC / SDO office for a preliminary inquiry into the ration card application.
To apply for Assam Ration Card, all you have to do is go to your ration shop or public distribution system government office, which is close to your home. You can ask for the application form over the counter. Fill in the form and attach the above documents. The ration card will be sent to your home within 15 days.
Procedure to Check Assam Ration Card List
To check the beneficiary list of Assam ration card, you need to follow the steps given below:-
✓ First, click on the Official Website link given here.
✓ Now After that Choose Your
• District Name
• Tehsil Name
• Village Name
Now you can get your Unique RC ID Code, Applicant Name, Father/Spouse Name, Type of Ration Card on your screen.