In this article, today we will share with you all the important schemes launched by the Government of Odisha for the year 2021. All of you will be happy to know about the Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme which has been launched recently by the concerned Authority to promote the fisheries and marine agro-industry. In this article we have mentioned all the details about the scheme, including the eligibility criteria, the important dates of the educational criteria and the step-by-step process for applying online for the scheme. In this article we have shared every important detail about this scheme so that all the farmers can apply for it.
Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
The Government of Odisha has proposed a Biofloco Tech Fish Farming Scheme for intensive hydropower in the fisheries sector. The scheme will include entrepreneurs, unemployed youth and intensive dynamic fish rankers. The new scheme will help fish production in the state and help youth facing unemployment among the COVID-19 epidemic. The program is intended to help fishermen / young people with a commercial vision, including passenger parts affected by COVID-19 for wages and old age. Approximately 1080 no. Under the program, bio-flak tanks will be allocated according to the state plan between 2020-21.
Benefits Of Biofloc Tech Fish Farming
The scheme promotes high yielding fish farming in small area using biotechnology. This Biofloc Tech fish Farming Scheme empowers ranchers, entrepreneurs and employed youth through a low profile bio-folk farming framework similar to the pay age. Under this scheme, 40% is given to the general category and 60% to the SC / ST and endowment budget support is given to women recipients through DBT mode. The scheme will contribute to new innovations in the state, support 540 unemployed juveniles / fishermen and increase 300 kg / tank profitability in BFT.
Overview Of Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
To apply for the scheme, you have to meet the following eligibility criteria: –
- Only those who are in occupation of freshwater fish and saltwater shrimp farmers (grow-out tanks, nurseries and seed tanks); Fish and shrimp hatchery operators; Private entrepreneurs are eligible for this scheme.
- Priority will be given to unemployed educated youth in the state under this scheme.
- Beneficiary must have specialized training in bio-flock before operating the unit.
- Beneficiary will be given back end assistance to install bio-flock system inside the shed consisting of PVC / tarpaulin tank, water supply, drainage and pneumatic units.
- Beneficiaries of saltwater prawn farm / nursery and seed tank / hatchery must have a license from the Coastal Aquaculture Authority.
- Assistance will be with a minimum of 2 tanks and a maximum of 6 tanks.
The following documents are required while applying for the opportunity:-
- Aadhaar Card as Identification Proof.
- Photocopy of Land Document.
- If Bank Loan is already taken, then consent letter from Bank.
- Bank Account No. with A/C IFS Code for DBT (Photocopy)
The following subsidy will be given to the beneficiaries as per the tanks:-
Application Procedure Of Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme
The applicant should follow the following application procedure while applying for the appointment: –
- Beneficiary should first visit the official website of Odisha Fisheries and Animal Resources Development Department given here
- On the homepage, click on the “Schemes” tab
- A drop down list will appear on your screen
- Click on the “Fisheries Schemes” link
- You can also click on the link given here.
- A new page will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the ‘Brief Description of the Scheme’ name, click on the optional name “Promotion of Intensive Aquaculture through Introduction of Bio-floc Technology during the year 2020-21”
- Also, click on the View option
- A list of plans is displayed on your screen
- A PDF file with all the information about the scheme is displayed on your screen.
- You can click on the link to go directly to the pdf here.
- The application form for this scheme is also included in the pdf
- Enter all required details
- Attach all documents
- Send by hard copy or email to the concerned District Fisheries Officer.
- Applications can also be submitted by email to the Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack Onlinefirstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Biofloc Tech Fish Farming?
It is a advance technology that promotes high-yield intensive fish farming in a small area using biotechnology. The scheme encourages educated, farmers, entrepreneurs and unemployed youth to earn income through small scale bioflow farming policy.
Who can apply for Odisha Biofloc Tech Fish Farming Scheme?
Interested farmers (grow-out tanks, nurseries and seed tanks), fish and shrimp hatchery operators, private entrepreneurs, unemployed youth are eligible to apply for the scheme.
Where do I have to submit the application form to avail this scheme?
Applications should be submitted by hard copy or email to the District Fisheries Officer of the concerned district. Application forms can be submitted online by email to the Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack: email@example.com.
What is the subsidy amount for biofloc tech fish farming?
The unit cost for setting up a bio-floc unit for 2 tanks has been fixed at Rs 1.5 lakh, Rs 3 lakh for 4 tanks and Rs 4 lakh for 6 tanks with 40% subsidy assistance.