The Government of West Bengal has issued a Marriage Registration Certificate to a newly married couple in the State of West Bengal by the Registrar General of Marriage of the Law Department. For marriage registration, you can apply online through rgmwb.gov.in website. Online Application Procedure Eligibility conditions, documents required details and very important information are available in detail in this article. If you want to apply for marriage registration, first gather information from here.
West Bengal Marriage Registration Act
Couples can apply for the registration under The Hindu Marriage Act 1955, The Special Marriage Act 1954, The Indian Christen Marriage Act 1872 and The Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act 1936. The Hindu marriage act is applicable to all person who is a Hindu by religion in any of its forms or developments, including a Virashaiva, a Lingayat or a follower of the Brahmo, Prarthana or Arya Samaj, who is Buddhist, Jaina or Sikh by religion, who is not a Muslim, Christian, Parsi or Jew by religion. Indian Christen Marriage Act is for the people belong to the Christian community. Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act is applicable to the Parsi community people. On other peoples Special Marriage Act is applicable.
Highlight of WB Marriage Registration
- Age of the bride is must more than 18 years and groom is 21 years
- Neither party has more than one spouse at the time of marriage
- At the time of marriage, neither party is incapable of giving a valid consent
- Degrees of the prohibited relationship must not present within the parties and not sapindas of each other unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two.
- Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Copy of invitation Card
- Permanent Address Proof
- Photograph of Bride and Groom
- Present Address Proof
- Signature of Bride and Groom.
Apply online for West Bengal Marriage Registration
The first step
- If you want to register online, you must first visit the official website of the Law Department Register General of Marriages, Government of West Bengal.
- Click on the “Register your marriage” option on the right side of the center of the page
- Click on the “Click here to apply online” and read instructions from the open page
- Proceed Select and the application form will appear on the screen
- Select the law for which you want to apply for registration
- The first part of the form appears where the husband (groom) details like name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhaar number should be entered and the documents should be uploaded. Groom
- Then go to another part of the form containing details like wife (bride) name, father name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhaar number etc. and upload the documents.
The second step
- Now go to the third part of the social wedding venue details like social wedding venue, social wedding date and wedding invitation card
- Now go to the fourth part of the child form details (this is not a mandatory field, otherwise you can skip this information)
- Then select the wedding registrar by selecting the groom’s address or the bride’s address
- The details of the marriage registrar will appear on the screen, select one of them and select the type of marriage officer, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station and gram panchayat
The third step
- Now go to the last step of the application form where you have to enter the registration details and select the place of registration “Marriage Officer’s Office” or “Outside (under his jurisdiction) Marriage Officer’s Office”.
- Then enter the name and number of the premises and the name of the street / mohalla, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, gram panchayat, village and post office
- Then select “Wedding Officer within office hours” or “Wedding officer beyond office hours”
- Remember to enter the code, click on the submit option and print it out before submitting for further use.
Procedure to Raise Objection
- To object, you must visit the official website
- From the home page search service option
- Select the “Objection” option
- The application appears on the screen
- Enter the details below in the form
- Application number
- Relationship with the applicant
- Mobile number
- E-mail id
- Postal address
- The reason for the objection
- Upload the signature
- Captcha code
- After filling in all the details by clicking on the “Submit” option, submit the application form.
Procedure to File Request for Change of Marriage Officer
- To request a change of marriage official, you must visit the official website
- From the home page search service option
- Select the “Transfer” option and the application form will appear on the screen
- Enter the application number, date of birth of the bride and groom, request for change and captcha code
- Click the Submit option to submit your request application.
- Has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity or epilepsy
- An Applicant is not capable of giving a valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind
- At the time of marriage, anyone of the Applicants already has a spouse living
- The male has not completed the age of twenty-one years and the female the age of eighteen years
- The Applicants are within the degrees of prohibited relationship
- Bride or groom has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children
- Where the marriage is solemnized in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, both Applicants are citizens of India domiciled in the territories to which this Act extends
Phone number- 033-22259398
Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Website- click here